Monday, January 01, 2007

Code 41 with severe stalling on 1993 Dodge Caravan with 3.3L engine

Question:

My minivan has poor power accompanied by hesitation on acceleration and stalling on stop signs. When scanned, I have code 41. I have checked the engine for mechanical condition and seem OK. Using your ecm test, I found the engine acting up when the ecm is tapped with a rubber mallet. I decided to replace the ecm and it worked good for a couple of days. After that, the problem returned with the code 41. Please help.

ATS Advisor:

The first thing I would check here is your alternator. There are a lot of reports indicating this is a common problem especially on high mileage minivan with this model. Check the alternator for proper ground or have it tested for proper output. If this won't fix it, have the bcm tested also for ground connections. If you read my earlier blog, bcm testing is discussed extensively. Always reset the ecm every time you perform any repair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home